Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Indian Corporation Unveils Product to Provide Millions with Clean Water

Okay - I know I've been radio silent the last few weeks but with the holidays and some additional protesting (pics and video coming soon!) I have had a chance to site down and write.

As you know,  the 25th anniversary of the Bhopal disaster was last month. So I thought it would be appropriate to kick off 2010 with my latest find, the release of an affordable water filtration system in India. The device was introduced early in December, and is said to meet EPA guidelines. The company, based in India, released this new system in an effort to provide millions of at risk Indian citizens with clean drinking water. Best of all, the system is supposed to be priced so that most Indian families will be able to purchase one for their homes.


It’s great to see a company in India catering to the masses and making a much more affordable product! AP Business Writer Erika Kinetz quotes a senior executive for the company, who claims safe water is a “right public policy has sought to fulfill, not very successfully so far. We'd like to make a small contribution to offering that.”

I’m glad to see a company in India taking responsibility for its citizens and stepping up where the government hasn’t. Maybe I’ll order myself one of these new systems and add it to my collection. You can never be too careful when it comes to clean water!

Photo credit: mckaysavage

No comments:

Post a Comment